11.07.2010

today I made:

THIS super cute car caddy.
Best part about it?
The price.

Free-fifty-Free.






1 pair of husbands old jeans
1 scrap piece of fabric
2 out-grown shirts from Son.
old piece of velcro
1 evening of sewing.
= endless quiet play @ church.



on a side note, I keep forgetting to add my other recent home ec projects, so here they are:

{I try to adapt each project into something we actually need or will use, for example, the car caddy was adapted from the supply roll up case lesson}

1. a weighted therapy lap blanket for Son. 
{zippered pencil case/ duvet cover lesson}


first appliqué.

first zipper

super messy weighted insert.


2. First attempt at a quilt.

I let Son pick out the fabric so that he would actually use the blanket.

flannel on each side with an organic cotton/bamboo batting = soooo soft.

I think I am addicted.

3 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

look at you! i love all your boy sewing projects! the car kit with a road and parking spots is so cute.

Wendy said...

what great ideas! I wish I had the motivation, time, and talent to do half of what you do!

Jed and Stacey said...

Soo cute!!